Mosaic Equality Knowledge Portal
The Legal framework - Equality at a glance
The list below gives you a snapshot of the legal framework related to Equality. This list is not exhaustive and is the first step to understand the law available in the UK to protect individuals discriminated against:
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- Race Relations Act 1976 & Race Relations Act (Amendment) Regulations 2003
- The Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1995 & the Disability Discrimination Act 2005.
- Asylum & Immigration Act 1996
- Human Rights Act 1998.
- Sex Discrimination ( Gender Reassignment) Regulations 1999
- Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation ) Regulations 2003
- The Gender Recognition Act 2004
- Employment Equality (Sex Discrimination) Regulations 2005
- Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006
- Equality Act 2006
- The Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006